Certificate in Dutch Studies
Students must complete 27 credit hours in Dutch language and culture courses, including:
- 15 credit hours in core Dutch language courses such as GER-N200*, N250, N300, N330 and N400.
- GER-E 341 Dutch Culture: The Modern Netherlands (3 cr.) and GER-E 342 The Golden Age of Dutch Culture (3 cr.)
- at least 6 credit hours from a choice of courses with Dutch culture content, approved by the Director of the Dutch Program. Some options are:
- FINA-A 333 From Van Eyck to Vermeer
- FINA-A 437 Playing with Pictures in the Fifteenth-Century Netherlands
- GER-E 343 Topics in Dutch Literature
- POLS-Y 335 Western European Politics
- at least 9 credit hours of course work at the 300-level or above.
- at least 9 credit hours on the Bloomington campus.
*Note: 100-level language courses do not count toward the certificate.