Standard 1: Communication - Write and speak in a language other than English
- 1.2 Exchange detailed information and opinions orally on a variety of topics.
- 1.5 Use speaking strategies that facilitate communication.
Standard 3: Communication - Present information in a language other than English
- 3.1 Produce and present creative material on a variety of topics.
Standard 4: Cultures - Develop awareness of other cultures
- 4.1 Analyze and reflect on cultural and social practices of the target cultures.
- 4.2 Examine products, perspectives, and symbols of the target cultures.
- 4.3 Explain factors that influence practices, products, and perspectives.
Standard 5: Connections - Make connections to other content areas
- 5.2 Design and share activities and materials that integrate the target language and cultures with concepts and skills from other content areas.
Standard 6: Connections - Access and connect information through various media
- 6.1 Use digital media and culturally authentic resources to build vocabulary and improve receptive and productive skills.
Standard 7: Comparisons - Investigate the nature of language and culture
- 7.3 Compare and use idiomatic, colloquial, and proverbial expressions in the target language
Standard 8: Communities - Become an active global citizen by experiencing languages and cultures in multiple settings
- 8.1 Share experiences from the world language classroom with others.
- 8.3 Experience and report on the cuisine, music, drama, literature, etc. from the target cultures.