Study Abroad

Exploration & Edification

Indiana University sponsors several programs for students interested in studying abroad in a German-speaking environment. Participation in these programs is not restricted to German majors or minors, but in each case, sufficient proficiency in German is required. These programs offer regular Indiana University credit in specific courses. Qualifying students may receive significant financial support, such as the Hutton International Experiences Program (HIEP).

Information concerning academic programs sponsored by institutions other than Indiana University is available from the departmental advisor and  IU Education Abroad. If you are planning to study abroad through programs not directly sponsored by Indiana University, you should also consult the Indiana University Office of Admissions and the Germanic Studies director of undergraduate studies concerning credit transferability before making a commitment.

Other Overseas Study opportunities

Further information and application materials are available through  IU Education Abroad.

student standing in front of a prairie
student smiling in front of downtown city
two students enjoying skiing at a slope

Ready to explore study abroad opportunities?